Since 99tests has Global presents with 35000+ professional crowd testers from 140+ countries, we are liable to follow the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) act by European Union which will be effective from 25th May 2018. Our testers, Customers’ and partner’ right to privacy is one of the major priority for 99tests. Hence compliance with any international law and regulation are very important to us.
This GDPR is considered to be the most significant data and privacy protection, introduced by European union after 1995’s data protection directive. This regulation is applicable for all the european union countries and other countries having users from EU regions. Non compliance with GDPR can result in a heavy fine of 4% of your annual revenue or almost 23 million US dollars whichever is higher.
EG: 99tests.com has users (Clients and testers) from all the european union countries and we are liable to follow GDPR regulations.
What does GDPR deal with?
GDPR sets the framework that sets the guidelines to collect, store, transfer and use the personal information of individuals within the european union area. This will enhance the rights to control individual’s data by regulating how companies or organisations can handle and store the personal data they collect. GDPR expands the personally identifiable data to include things like Genetic information, Photos, Social media posts, and IP address.
What are the GDPR compliance data rights for the users (Data Subjects)?
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right of automated decision making and profiling.
GDPR for the crowd platform. 99tests’ latest product updates.
A crowd platform required to collect and process lot of information about the users. This data will help the platform to perform the exact match making. How does the business owner make sure that the GDPR is taken care?. At 99tests.com, we have improved our messaging and product features to achieve the same. Listing some of the latest updates at 99tests.com
- Clarity on How it works for users
- Collect the necessary data to improve the usability
- All the processed data will be available in the dashboard
- Complete control over the personal data (View, Edit & delete)
- Delete the entire account any time they want
- Never store the personal data after the user deletes it
- Get the user’s consent before sharing the data with any third party applications/ companies or vendors
- No pre-checked Opt-in check boxes
- Also you can send any privacy related messages to firstname.lastname@example.org